Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Anatomy scan 19 weeks

I had my anatomy scan today. I was 19 weeks 1 day. The baby is measuring 20 weeks exactly. I'm glad to hear this because my last appointment at the perinatologist didn't go well. The doctor (who I will refuse to see ever again) said the baby was huge, with a large head, and in the 90th percentile and two+ weeks ahead, she then rolled her eyes at me when I said "oh my I don't want a 12 pound baby" I cried as soon as she left the room. I felt like a failure, like I had done this on purpose and he was suffering because of me.

Little guy was cooperative for the first part of the scan but when it came time to scan his spine he wouldn't move. We spent a whole twenty minutes extra just trying to get him to turn over. My stomach is pretty sore now from the painful jabbing. I now know all the little feelings I'm getting *ARE* him moving because I could see him moving and correlate it with the feelings. It was very cool to see but I'm on edge waiting for the results to come back on the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me What You Think!