Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why am I opening up something private to my friends and family?

Many people are probably wondering why I am opening up about something so private with the world. I am not ashamed of what I am doing. I have natural feelings and desires to create a family. I am generally a private person but because of my struggles with this disease I wanted to open up about it for people to read and maybe start to understand. Whether writing here helps someone also struggling with the same situation or it helps a loved one understand what someone in their life is going through then I have done good. Diabetes and pregnancy is a subject not talked about very much. Growing up I truly believed it was not possible, I was not worried about it in the least. As I got older and became engaged and then married I started researching for information to help me understand if my dreams were possible. It turns out they are entirely possible. I have teamed up with my endocrinologist who has referred me to a Peri-natologist which is an OB with a specialty in high risk pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me What You Think!